We're looking for a Floral Designer to join our team!
Blume is excited to announce that we’re hiring another full-time Floral Designer to work both in-store and on our weddings and events. Blume is a fast-paced and exciting floral design business. With past clients including brands such as Rixo, Le Labo, Gucci, Dior, Laura Mercier, Disney…to name but a few, we’re growing our team and our company, and we’re excited for you to join us!
This role will be primarily store based, but also workshop based when necessary. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about floral design, with a flair for design.
- Ensure that our store is well stocked with the very best seasonal flowers.
- Source, condition and make up our Blume Bunches for customers and deliveries.
- Help to pack up online orders and organise shipping.
- Visit the market when necessary and liaise with suppliers for deliveries.
- Help to develop Blume’s unique and exciting colour palettes week on week so that we are always offering something unique to our customers.
- Visually merchandise our flower stand, as well keep the rest of our lifestyle and interior products looking their absolute best.
- Help to manage floral budgets and ensure we are ordering the right amount of stock to reduce wastage. You will ensure our flowers are costed accurately.
- You will be responsible for keeping our workshop and store clean, tidy and organised at all times and replenish shelves when stock is sold. Wash out vases and props.
- Price and display any non-floral stock which comes into store.
Events and Weddings
- Assist with procurement of wedding and event flowers.
- Help to cost and design proposals, colour palettes and flower selection.
- Attend weddings and event set-ups, as well as take down.
- Help to run our in-store workshops for our flower school.
Tuesday to Friday 9 to 6pm
Saturday 9 to 5pm
Due to the nature of floristry and events, there will be early starts/late finishes and some flexible working hours will be required.
28 days holiday including bank holidays (holiday cannot be taken during busy periods such as Christmas, Valentines and Mother's-Day.)
1 to 2 years in floral design desirable but a recent career change into floristry will be considered for the right applicant
Driver’s license a prerequisite
Salary dependent on experience
Start date: ASAP
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, CV and portfolio or link to your social media.